Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fruit salad for healthier skin and a boost of energy

Saturday morning start to my day!


Blueberries and strawberries have a high content of vitamin C. Vitamin C is vital in the production of collagen which helps in skins resilience and elasticity.  As we get older our skin looses its elasticity which is why it's important to get enough vitamin C in our diet (and not in a capsule form).  Vitamin C will also help in boosting our immunity. 
Add some bananas for a little energy boost!  Bananas seem to get a bad rep, but they are a fantastic fruit as well!  Bannaas are full of vitamins, fiber, and minerals and are great for a quick energy boost because the carbohydrates in them are easy to digest. Next time you need a pick me up instead of caffeine or a sugary drink, try a banana ..they provide energy that lasts longer and don't have the crash that caffeine does. 

1 comment:

  1. I love bananas but stopped eating them because I thought they had to many carbs.Now I will add them to my diet.

    ReplyDelete